biomass production, maize cobs, integrated system, pellets, clean energy source
- Research regarding technologies used to superior capitalization of the biomass in order to obtain clean energy in partners regions;
- Conceptual design of the integrated system to biomass superior capitalization;
- Results dissemination of the experimental research activities;
- Project coordination.
INMA BUCHAREST is the National Institute of Research-Development, that has the needed research and technical infrastructure (Research – Development - Innovation Department, Testing Laboratory, an other), the competence and means to lead and manage this project due to the vast experience research projects in over 5 international projects (Border Cooperation Programs, “Leonardo da Vinci” Program) and over 123 national projects (Projects within Sectorial Operational Plan - Human Resources Development, the Excellence Research National Programs, Innovation National Programs, National Partnership Programs and so on) from 2007 until 2014.
The most relevant projects developed in biomass technology area are:
- promote and produce the renewable energy source in order to improve competitiveness and energy security by: developing Miscanthus crop establishment and harvesting technology (M.P.M. and E.P.I. equipments), development of Miscanthus rhizomes capitalization technologies (ERR equipment);
- developing and implementation of the energetic willow cultivation technology (Salix Viminalis) as an alternative source of clean energy – T.S.C.E. (E.I.S. - Technical equipment for planting energetic willow and E.T.S.E. - Technical equipment for cutting and chopping energetic willow)
- research and mechanization of a technology foundation for the establishment and maintenance of energy poplar (Paulownia) culture. Ongoing Project;
- developing the capacity of prospective, evaluation and exploitation of biomass potential in Romania in accordance with the EU practices and policies.
The research-development competence are:
- research and development of technological processing, technologies and technical equipment for food and non-food agriculture;
- achieving the experimental and functional models, prototypes for agriculture and food machines as well as installations that can be tested in laboratory or field conditions, in compliance with EU procedures, norms and directives;
- developing technologies to process solid biomass (harvesting, drying, grinding, sorting) from agriculture and forestry, in order to obtain wood-chips, pellets and aggro-pellets;
- achieving experimental research regarding the efficiency of biomass combustion process of: wood-chips, pellets, aggro-pellets, briquettes, wood branches, Mischantus grinding, etc.
The scientific competence cover:
- writing experimental reports on technical equipment;
- performing technical inspections of the agricultural machines and ensuring technical assistance;
- disseminating the experimental research results in national, BDI and ISI scientific publications, journals, conferences, symposiums and also in workshops and international fairs;
- issuing product conformity certificates in the context of EU regulations for: tractors, lorries, trailers and cars.